Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Czech Stories in Chicago

Yes, I am back in the city. City life is fast, hectic at times, yet also exciting and fascinating. There are some places in the city that are like little escapes though, and Lincoln Park is one of those places. 


What brought me to Lincoln Park this time? A trip to the Farmer's Market with my friend Tiffany!

Tiffany was an intern with Josiah Venture this summer in Czech, and we got to have a few hours of uninterrupted story time. Nothing brings me greater joy than hearing accounts of how the Lord has worked in and through peoples' lives. I grew up hearing these stories often, and it's something I miss about not being directly in Josiah Venture now. There are always stories of God's goodness though, both in Czech and here in Chicago. I got to combine those two worlds on Saturday with Tiffany.


We sat by the little pond in the Lincoln Park Zoo. It couldn't have been a more glorious morning, and we soaked up the lingering summer morning, while Tiffany told stories of friendships, learning experiences, hard times and incredible moments where God showed up. This girl is beautiful. 


Indeed, Chicago has its perks - mostly, the people. So many come together in this one urban area and it's a privilege to make connections both at Moody and in the city.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo-essay, Claire. And I loved reading about your friendship. It feels like a breath of fresh air to be back on your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Two beautiful people in such a beautiful place sharing such beautiful stories!! ��

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com