Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bright Spots

It's that time of the semester when everyone buckles down and realizes how much is still ahead in homework, yet how little there is of time. It's easy to see my weaknesses in this season, which I know is good in some respects. This week has caused me to stop at my door before leaving my apartment in the morning just to take deep breaths and pray for the Lord's perspective. It's scary to look ahead and not really see a break in the run of it all, even though I'm still learning and loving my classes.

Yet despite all of those pressures that finishing up a semester holds, there have been breaks of brightness. Just today, the Lord gave me the gift of three of those bright spots.

1. Every Thursday morning for this past semester, Kelley and I have met up at 7am to spend time together until I have to be at work at 8:30. With our school, work and other commitments, we sometimes don't see each other during the other days of the week, so Thursday mornings have been a priority for us, and worth it even if it means we have to get up earlier. I am grateful for Kelley's commitment and that she goes along for the ride, even at 7am!



2. The sun. It has been a dreary month so far, so the sunshine today was literally a bright spot of the day. It's amazing what a little sunlight can do for the whole campus. Students are generally happier on sunny days!

3. Before PCM, I got to spend some time with Tyler, Lara and Judah. Seeing him grow is quite the adventure in and of itself, and I love seeing his little personality come out more. Tyler and Lara are in plenty of transitions in this stage of life, and it's always meaningful to me to get to be not too far away. I rode back with Tyler from his work and joined in on all of their normal family life. I also love seeing them both be parents, since they are loving Judah so well!


1 comment:

  1. Claire! I'm praying for you as you finish this season and head to the next! Holding you in my heart and praying for you whenever I hang clothes on my laundry line. ( which is often these days since we've finally hit those promising sunny days) proud of you dear girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com