Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Little Byt (Apartment)

On a very regular cloudy day in Chicago, I want to give you a glimpse of a very regular college apartment. Me and my two roommates share a bedroom and we have a little kitchen and a living room with two big windows. It isn't anything fancy, but it's home to us. Couches, our own dishes, and a fridge full of food somehow do make a difference between the dorms and having a tiny place of our own. 

Here's what real life looks like today. 

Side note: I have nicknamed our apartment "The Little Byt". Byt = The Czech word for "apartment". 


(We have closets now! It really is the littlest of things that bring joy)


Find something beautiful, even if messy, in the ordinary life you're living today on a plain January day. I see stories all the time in the city and they grab my attention, whether wrenching my heart or making me giggle. Sometimes you have to look for those moments when days stretch on. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice table :) it sure has made the rounds through the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice table :) it sure has made the rounds through the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to join this apartment with you and Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com