Saturday, November 21, 2015

At The Nest

Tonight, this was the sweetest gift: being hosted for dinner by friends who live three floors above my apartment.

Rae and Jenna love people, art, good food, theology. For them, an apartment is not just a space; it is their home tucked into the city among the treetops, nicknamed "the nest". They invited Kelley and I over to cook dinner together and the evening itself was food for the soul.

It may not look like anything unique in the photo, but a picture fails for an evening like this one. I simply want to remember it. Butternut Squash Chipotle chili, kale salad with cranberries, raspberries and chocolate as dessert, Billie Holiday music on a record player, and the first city snow outside.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com