Tuesday, September 8, 2015

While Carrying Groceries

I had to walk through a neighborhood to get from the grocery store back to the "L" train, and somehow on this particular stroll on the streets, I was struck by the beauty and uniqueness of the homes.

These houses may not be as old as the ones I grew up seeing in my town, but they have charm all the same. These are the doors of city homes, and I can't help but wonder what stories are being written inside, even today.


I've done a lot of walking in Chicago these past two weeks, since I take public transportation and walk to the grocery store. I don't know what it'll be like in the winter, but right now I'm loving an excuse to get out.

I got a special meal exemption here at Moody with a recommendation from my doctor, so I'm off of the meal plan here on campus. That means that I will awkwardly carry my heavy bags of groceries back to my apartment, and hopefully not look silly as I do so! I wouldn't have it any other way though. Getting to cook my own food that doesn't make me feel sick has already made a huge difference. 

1 comment:

  1. So many different doors! Really fun to see. Now to see a picture of you carrying your groceries! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com