Wednesday, October 22, 2014

48 Hours of Impact

My alarm went off at 4:20 this morning. Although it shocked me a bit and my first reaction was not to just jump out of bed, I knew why I was waking up so early and it was worth it.

Students at Moody get to be a part of a Moody Radio event called 48 Hours of Impact. For 48 hours, Moody Radio is helping to launch ministry leaders (= us students) during this live, on-air event. They asked students to volunteer for time slots to answer phones to receive donations towards our tuition. What a privilege to get to talk with people who are so generous.


Moody is a tuition paid school thanks to donations from people like the ones we talked with this morning. I honestly don't know if I would be able to go to a school like this if it weren't tuition paid, and I know that's true of a lot of people. Moody's goal in having our tuition paid is for us to graduate without any debt, so we can go straight into ministry.

THANK YOU to anyone who gives towards our tuition. If you'd like to donate in these next 48 hours, you can either call 1-800-600-9624 today or tomorrow (and talk to a Moody student or Moody grad!) or go HERE to give online.

It was so fun being a part of this today and it just reminds me of what a privilege it is to go to Moody and get to study God's Word every day.

I never thought I'd be answering phones at a call center. My mom will testify to the fact that usually I'm quite squeamish about talking on the phone with people I don't know. But today was sweet. Yes, my hands were cold because I was nervous, but I loved getting to be a part of this and get to hear the voices of people who directly support us students here at Moody. So thankful.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com