Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Reality

Reality is hitting hard this week. Some people call it syllabus shock. It's partly that, but more too.

The reality is that I have six syllabi that I have to work through this semester.

Reality is that I have two jobs, one that I don't know what to expect from yet.

Reality is living in the city again and being far away from mountains, pastures and wildflowers.

Reality is having a stack of books on my bookshelf that I not only have to read and understand, but write big papers on too.

Reality is getting a sore throat and not having time to stop and rest.


At the same time, reality is this:

I get to study at one of the best Bible colleges in the world. I get to encounter God in new ways this semester, no matter how hard I'll have to work to get there. The city is bustling with people and every one of those people is uniquely put together by our Creator. Although I'm surrounded by peers and that can be overwhelming, God has prepared a community for me to be a part of. Reality is that no matter if I get sick or not, God knows and will take care of me every step of the way.

(This is simply a picture of my view from my desk... and the things that make it feel bright and cheery!)


Classes have started, life is rolling faster than I feel like I can handle, but as always, God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I will cling to that truth. And I am thankful for all the blessings of this new reality as well. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying your first week of classes. I know you will have a really great sophomore year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire! Preach it! I'm identifying with you and love where you took all those real feelings and found even deeper reality! I needed that today! I love you my wise niece

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com