Sunday, April 27, 2014

When I Cannot Stand

Life is pressing in on me today. I can't seem to catch my breath very well. One thing after another keeps crowding my thoughts, trying to get my attention. I can't decide what to do first - this paper, or this assignment, or this project? And then there's other commitments to keep in mind too.

On top of that, a dear family friend of ours was in a serious car accident today. He's safe and mostly unharmed physically, by the mercy of God, but it still leaves a heavy sense of burden on me as I pray for the whole family and contemplate how fragile life is. And yet, the Greatness of God is also highlighted for me today.


The song in my heart today is this:

Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart...

So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay

Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

I can't do anything without Him. It's in times like these that I'm thankful for His grace, strength, for prayer, and that I don't have to be alone! Both in the sense of "God is always with me", and that His family surrounds me too. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for pouring out your heart, friend. I love that song that you posted. We so need go--every single hour! I'm glad your family friend was okay, too. Praise God! Hang in there, dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com