Monday, April 7, 2014

Unclear

Contemplative.

That's how I would describe these past few days. It seems as though the Lord is stirring something in my heart that I didn't expect. It's good, but any change is always unnerving. I've come down to knowing that whatever decisions I make, I must know for certain that they will lead me to a more obedient trust in the Lord, without holding any of myself back.

I have no idea what the future holds (particularly after college...that's a ways away, but it's still on my mind). Thankfully, I know what's going to be this Summer. After that? It's a blank slate. Anything could come and be a crossroads in my life. It's scary to think that the future is so undetermined. Yet, the Lord's mercy will be there too, wherever I am. He somehow always gets us where He wants us to go when we follow him one baby step at a time, right? That's what I've experienced in the past. I should be living that truth now too!

So I say it now: I will trust in God's timing.

Jesus, continue changing my life. Really.

May vision of the character of my Maker be enough. I will live vertically with the vision of the Lord before me. My ultimate purpose, no matter how murky it seems now, is to abide in Him!


(Photo from Czech, last Spring)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this. This was beautifully written.I just love seeing people trusting int he Lord and having a desire to be obediant to him. =}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this. This was beautifully written.I just love seeing people trusting int he Lord and having a desire to be obediant to him. =}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com