Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Farm

There definitely is something special and unique about a farm. Space. Wind in the grass. Birds. Tractors. Pick-ups. Trees. Open fields. Quiet. Freedom.

We were up in Iowa this past weekend with Haley's sweet grandparents. Caleb, Haley, and I drove out for Easter break, and got some much needed rest in Iowa.

On this particular day, Haley and I went for a walk around the farm. It wasn't green, and nothing was growing, but it was refreshing all the same. A warm breeze made the dry grass dance, and we sat in a field and just talked, soaking in the chance to be outside without anything else pressing in on us.


What a blessing to be on the farm. 

4 comments:

  1. Awww! That was really fun to see! When we were driving through Iowa I kept wondering what their farm looked like...now I have a better picture. Thanks for posting these. And Haley looks so pretty in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This are such great pictures, friend! I agree--farms are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's the farm! I wish you could have experienced the beauty of summer as those same fields will soon be bursting with corn and soybeans and everything will be in bloom. I know you would have loved the Britt farmer's market too! I'm glad, though, that you got a little taste of Iowa life and I know Mom and Dad were so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were so glad you could come along with Caleb and Haley - and find out just a little bit about our farm life. It's pretty quiet now, but it won't be long before that road will be buzzing with tractors pulling planters heading for the fields. You must come back when all the fields are "white unto harvest".
    Our door is always open to you dear Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com