Monday, April 14, 2014

Pink from CPO

For as long as I can remember, come the week of Easter, a package would arrive from Oregon with something special inside...

American Easter treats!


I know Easter is definitely so much more than candy and egg-hunts, but it more felt like a piece of "America" to me to have peeps, chocolate marshmallows and malted robin eggs for the holiday. I don't think an Easter ever went by without a package from my grandparents. It meant the world to me.

What I didn't expect was that when I went down to CPO (the campus post) today, I would find a green slip for a package in my box and receive something from Oregon. When I came up to my room and opened it, I laughed out loud and couldn't contain my joy. Inside the package were... peeps (and the sweetest card from Grandma)!


It absolutely made my day to know that even though I'm the States now, Grandma still remembers these traditions. Thank you, Grandma! That made me so happy today.

1 comment:

  1. Love that grandma still sent you some this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com