Sunday, April 13, 2014

Connect

This was a Saturday of mixing two worlds.

Some of my very first memories are with Emily Miller when we both lived in Czech. When I think back as far as I can, I can trace a couple random stories from when I was three. And most of those memories include Emily. We were buddies. She was a couple years older than me, so I just followed her wherever she wanted to go. We played with stuffed animals, scrubbed the floors like "Cinderella", explored in the yard and picked daffodils in the garden together.

Emily and her family moved back to the States when I was five. I saw her a few times during my elementary and high-school years, but only for a couple of hours at a time.

I live in Chicago now. Emily lives in the suburbs of Chicago. It's kind of crazy that now we're back in the same area, and we can hang out on a Saturday afternoon.


I spent the other half of my day with Michelle, a dear friend I've made at Moody. We worked on New Testament papers at a coffee shop. Later in the day, we walked out to the Planetarium with a group of friends to see the beautiful view of the city in the dark. It's the best place to see the city from.


It was one of those days where I realized how crazy life is sometimes. You never know what connections will remain, or what new connections you'll make. Here's to old and new friends alike! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com