Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Treasures in Washington

As we drove through the state of Washington, I couldn't stop staring out of the window. This is the kind of beauty that captivates me. I love evergreens, lakes, mountains, and that cool air of Spring. 


We found ourselves following the GPS through this untouched land to our friends' house. Farther and farther into the wild we went, until we reached the Williams' house, and were greeted by Sammy, one of the friendliest dogs I've met. Their home is tucked in among trees and neighbors only a few other houses and the deer in the woods. Peaceful.


Little did I know that inside this house awaited an evening of sweet conversation, and stories for hours. Turns out that the Williams attended Moody Chicago more than 40 years ago! In fact, that's where they met, and I loved hearing that whole story, since it happened in a place that is so familiar to me now! Even in the farthest corner of Washington, Moody connections can be found. (I feel honored to be a part of that "community"!)


I could have stayed and explored around outside for a long time, but we only had one night in this wonderful place. Thank you Don and Sherilyn for opening up your home, and blessing all of us. And if you're ever at Moody again for a Founder's Week, please let me know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com