Monday, March 17, 2014

PB Fruit wraps

I don't know why I haven't thought of this before, but now that I have, it's going to become a staple college snack!

Corn tortilla fruit wrap.

It's one of the quickest and most versatile snacks that you probably already have the ingredients for. You can make it however you want, to your liking.

Want to use flour tortillas? Go ahead. Or you could swap pears for strawberries, blueberries, bananas, or oranges. Don't like peanut butter? Sub almond butter, or even cream cheese. Top with cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, or a dash of sea salt.


To make:
1 corn tortilla
1 pear, sliced
2 tsp peanut butter
Dash Cinnamon
Drizzling of honey

Wet a paper towel slightly, and wrap tortilla in it. Microwave for 30-40 seconds on high (or until warm - the wet paper towel will keep the tortilla from becoming dry). Spread a layer of peanut butter on tortilla, top with the rest of the ingredients. Put a dot of peanut butter on the edge, and fold on top of the other side, so the peanut butter acts like glue. Optional - pop in microwave for another 15 seconds if it's not warm enough.


Side note - this peanut butter is great! My absolute favorite peanut butter is THIS one (Woodstock), but since it's a little pricey, I don't get it all the time. I am picky about peanut butter, so it's worth it though! I like this peanut butter (pictured) too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com