You never know what your traveling day will bring.
What I thought would be a regular flight to Oregon, turned out to be quite the adventure!
From left to right then...
1. I made my way to the Ohare airport by myself, with plenty of time to spare before my flight. I knew it was going to be a bit before I got to Charlotte (my layover airport), so grabbed a Starbucks chai latte, and settled into a chair by my gate.
2. Our plane arrived to the gate late, because someone forgot to bring it over from the international gate. Then they had to clean it and prep it for us, which took more time.
3. What to do in an airport while waiting and hungry? Well, there's always McDonald's. I can't remember the last time I've eaten at McD's in the States!
4. Finally, two and a half hours later, I boarded my plane. No way I was going to catch my connecting flight from Charlotte to Portland.
5. For the first time, looking down at Chicago, I felt sentimental. Yeah, that's my city now. And it feels good.
6. I'm pretty sure I'd love Charlotte! Even from the air, it was beautiful.
7. I was rebooked to Phoenix, and then from there, flew to Portland. I laughed, because of how random the route was! Chicago to Charlotte, to Phoenix, to Portland. That's quite the roundabout way to get across to the West Coast. It made me happy to finally see the "famous" Portland airport carpet... at 1:30 AM (3:30AM Chicago time). So. Sleepy.
8. Waking up to green trees and the smell of rain is the most wonderful way to begin my Spring Break.
9. It's nice to see you again, Oregon!