Sunday, February 9, 2014

Roasted Broccoli

After reading about oven-roasted broccoli from multiple people, it was about time I tried it.

Verdict: Lara and I ate two heads of broccoli in one sitting. So, reeeeally good. 

This is simple, and you could make it any day. It's a healthy snack, and positively delicious. 

(iPhone photo)        

Recipe:
- Broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut florets of broccoli, and place them in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil, and add salt to taste. Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes, turning twice during the process, until toasty brown on the sides. 

My ideas for eating this amazing broccoli... 
Serve with rice, sesame seeds, and soy sauce.
Toss with slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and lemon juice.
Dip in this sauce. 
Add to big, leafy green salad, and drizzle with vinaigrette. 
Serve with chicken and quinoa, topped with fresh rosemary or oregano.
Load up a baked potato with cheese and this broccoli. 
Eat plain, from a big bowl.  

I hope you like this as much as we did! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com