Thursday, February 20, 2014

Honey, I love you

This Summer, one of the things I planned on stocking up on to bring to college was...

Czech honey.


I still have some, and I cherish it! I hardly ever put it in anything, because I love it straight off the spoon. What can I say? I get my love for honey from my dad - he kept bees as a kid!

Tastes of home bring back memories, and it's important to have those memories easily accessible. Look at photos, eat familiar food, write to friends, tell stories. That's how this transition has been working itself out.


It feels good to be at Moody. I know my way around, and it feels familiar here now. I love what I'm learning, and I love the people I've met here. I miss Czech though sometimes, and on those days, I'll grab a spoon of golden honey, make some tea, and slow down. I'll take time to remember, and then continue on in my day, thanking God for the blessings of both places.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww!! Gorgeous photos, sweet (pun intended!) thoughts. Guess we will be hitting the farmer's market this summer to stock up some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha...best blog post title ever! You really had me going Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com