Thursday, January 16, 2014

Getting back into life here

Yesterday and today I've been thinking about the good things of living in the city (and at Moody) for this stage of life.

- Unexpected finds in the city - like a little old church amongst tall buildings.
- Quality tea and coffee - such a treat every once in a while.
- Catching up with friends who love the Lord, and are committed to following Him.
- Being forced to live more simply, with less things. In a small dorm room, you have to choose what is important, and I am actually enjoying not having as many possessions around me.
- Walking more - walking to class, walking to the store, walking up and down stairs all the time. It's an easy and convenient way to get some exercise!
- My siblings - I visited Tyler at Intelligentsia the other day, and he made my Oolong tea, which was impeccable. I happened to meet Haley in the cafeteria, and we had lunch together yesterday. I love those little hello's, and connections with all my family here!
- Being forced out of my comfort zone. It's good for me. I know it is! As much as I often want to resist change, I'm learning so much through it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com