Saturday, November 23, 2013

For Snack-Attacks: Granola Bars

It happens at college. Sometimes the cafeteria food just doesn't stick as long as a home-cooked meal would. I get snack attacks at random moments during the week.


I've struggled with finding foods that actually satisfy me when I get hungry throughout the day. For a while, I couldn't figure out which foods actually helped. I think I finally found one thing that is good! Homemade granola bars.

These granola bars are Caleb-approved (he said he loved them!), college-budget-friendly, not a big time commitment, and you don't even need an oven to make them.


Gluten-free No-Bake Granola Bars
Inspired by this recipe HERE.

1 3/4 cups gluten-free oats
2 cup gluten-free rice cereal or rice krispies
1/8 cup ground flax seed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/3-1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup mini marshmallows
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add honey, marshmallows, peanut butter, and vanilla. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, and microwave for another minute, or until marshmallows start to melt. Stir the warm mixture well. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and with a large spoon, fold until the thoroughly combined. Once the mixture cools slightly, add chocolate chips. 

Divide into muffin tins, or press into an 8" pan. Make sure you press all down evenly (you can use parchment paper, or plastic wrap to make it easier). Place in refrigerator or freezer for a few hours. Remove and slice, then store your bars in the fridge or freezer. Snack your heart out whenever you get hungry!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com