Sunday, October 6, 2013

They're here!

It all started here this afternoon:


I met these two on the plaza to head out... 


...Took the CTA (Chicago Transit) to O'Hare. We walked up to terminal 1.


All for this:


Today Mom and Dad flew in to Chicago! What a joy to see them again, though I have to say, slightly strange too! After moving across an ocean, it's crazy to see familiar faces from home here! I am so happy that they'll get to be here for a week, and then that they'll be at least on the same continent, in a more similar time zone to me. They'll be on their "second leg" of furlough, and it all starts here, in Chicago.

I didn't even get any more pictures after that last one, because, as you can see, Mom had her camera at the ready too! Us girls - had to capture the memory from both sides. It's not every day that we get to pick up our parents at the airport, and it's not every day that Mom and Dad are picked up by their kids!

We have a lot of catching up to do even after just these 50 days. Glad they'll be more here for a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Like thinking of you all together like that! Have fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com