Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Answered Prayers

These past few days, and even weeks, have been filled with answered prayer. I can't even begin to express how much the Lord has been showing up. I find myself amazed every time, as if I didn't know what a powerful and loving God He is!

To be honest, there are times when I struggle with worrying, fretting, fearing. It's something that I've had to work through too many times! My verse has always been...


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7


One minute I'll be thinking I am "past" that problem (worrying), and the next I'm reciting those verses in my mind over and over, reminding myself of the truth that I should be living out. 

Since being here at Moody, it's been easy to fall into worry, as it always in when things are new and in transition. God, however, has been proving Himself so much already. Despite the small amount of faith I have when I pray about the things that worry me, He has shown Himself mighty and extremely gracious.  

I have been praying God would provide just the right job for me at Moody. I hadn't even applied for any, but through Lara, and Lara's friend, and by God's grace, I went in for an interview last week, and was given the position today! It is an on-campus job in Event and Guest Services. Some day I'll hopefully explain that better, but for now, it's enough to say, I will be working a job, and that was totally God's doing! 

There was a second, smaller, way that God provided today. On Monday, I lost my keychain that had my room key, and fob (a thing you swipe to get into buildings). I thought it would turn up, but two days passed, and I still hadn't found it. I wrestled with panicking about it (it's expensive to replace), and had to will myself to not give into that worry. I prayed, and others prayed. 

This afternoon, I went down to facilities to buy a new fob. I was ready to pay the money, because I can't get along without it for long. The fob was the cheaper thing to buy, and I'd take care of the key later. 

Lo and behold though!! 

God had another plan! I went to facilities, and they said someone had turned in my keychain with everything on it this morning! I just beamed, and told her that was an answer to prayer. 


I think the Lord is trying to show and teach me something in these two, and many other little lessons. Faith is what He requires of me, as His child, and trust is invaluable to Him. Surrendering to His will is not easy, but that's how He can also shower blessing. Giving Him control is disconcerting sometimes, but He knows what's best. And, in the end, He is worthy of all of my trust, because, He always cares!

I'm still working through all of these things, but what better place to do that at than Moody? It's been a great first few weeks being here: challenging and joyful at the same time. God is good!

5 comments:

  1. Ahoj,ani nevím,kde jsem narazila na tvůj blog. Vůbec tě neznám,nicméně líbí se mi tvůj pozitivní přístup k životu. Čas od času sem zabrousím a cvičím si angličtinu :P Přeju ti jen to nejlepší v životě.Měj se ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you know I LOVE seeing the krtek hanging from your key! Where did you get it?? Maybe I bought it for you...ha ha! Praise the Lord for the return of your key and fob. I was praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny day: Děkuji!! To mi udělalo radost. :) Stačí si někdy všimnout těch malých věcí v životě, že? :) Přeju Ti krásný den!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom: I think it WAS from you!! Teeheee.... KRTEK!!! (The ONLY keychain I brought with me from Czech, and it was a last minute decision to bring it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what made me look back on these comments, but I just did and saw your comment to me! Oh how I wish I could figure out the comment thing so that it would give notification to the person who're commenting back to! Wow...that was a lot of "comment" in this comment! HA HA!! And I'm glad I gave you krtek! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com