Saturday, August 3, 2013

Goodbyes and The List

In these past few days, I have had to say too many goodbyes and see-you-laters. It's been so sweet to see my friends again, but sad to have to hug them for one last time before I leave.


Not only am I saying goodbye to people, but I am saying goodbye to Czech as well. Or at least for 10 months.

At the end of last Summer I began making a list of all the things I wanted to do before I leave. Some of those things on my "bucket list" (I hate calling it that, it sounds so depressing!) included:

Hiking Lysa hora.
Seeing the flash mob in Ostrava. 
Going to Prague (for a tour!). 
Making macarons.
Doing a US/CZ cooking day. 
Going to Tarzanie.

That last one, Tarzanie, is a ropes course about 20 minutes from where we live. It is in a place that we go to often, but I had never actually climbed there! When I found out that one of my classmates works there during the Summer, meaning I could go for free, I knew it had to happen.


I got to spend the afternoon climbing, zip-lining, and swinging from great heights, but mostly enjoying the time with Kristi, Barunka (Kristi's little sister), and Joey (Josephine). Thank you Joey for "hosting" us! It was so fun.

Note: That swing is taller than it looks!



Tomorrow I head off to Croatia, and from there, on the 15th, I fly to the States. Hard to believe this day is so near now.

It's not all sad though. There are good things ahead! I am so excited for this new chapter, and for all that it holds. I'm also pretty excited that I said a "see-you-later" to my future sister-in-law earlier this week! She was here visiting her family in Slovakia, and we got to go wedding dress shopping in Poland. Guess what? She found a dress!!! I am so happy that I'll get to see her pretty face even more often at Moody, and that I really can say "I'll see you in a few weeks" to her!


Sad to leave things behind, happy for what's ahead. Bittersweet. 

1 comment:

  1. And now almost a year has passed! Hard to believe huh? So glad you get to come home for a bit this summer to see some of those dear faces!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com