Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The three of us

I'm soaking in these days with my parents. It's been a unique year being the only kid at home! Tonight was one of those nights that reminded me of all the memories we've made together, just being the three of us (and Kaylee!).


I remember one of the first dinners we had after Caleb left for the States. We went out to Pizza Colosseum to celebrate the fact that I had finished my 3rd year of high-school. I remember feeling kind of weird (and sad!) that night. It didn't feel right without Caleb. Of course I still miss him being a part of everyday life. I would (and do!) love having him home.


Today I really realized that we found a new "normal" this past year though, and it feels good now. One year later, we're still going out to dinner just the three of us, but it's different. It's a lot of fun.

There is a new restaurant/pub open in Malenovice (called Borova). Since it's so close to where we live, we walked up there this evening for the first time for a light dinner and some Cokes. We never run out of things to talk about, and it was just gorgeous outside and inside, so it made for a delightful evening.


I only have a month and a half left before I head to Moody, but with some warm sun, evening walks, and time with my parents, those days will be happy, and I will cherish them!


1 comment:

  1. Awww...that makes me happy to read! Really going to miss our threesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com