Sunday, July 21, 2013

Roasted Almondy Peanut Butter

Do you remember a while back when I posted about homemade peanut butter? Well, I think I found a way to make it even better.

There is nothing like homemade nut butter. I've tried fancy brands from Wholefoods, and all that, but nothing measures up to homemade. Not to mention, when you make it at home, it's so much cheaper!

Without further ado...

Roasted Almondy Peanut Butter. 


Ingredients:
2 cups unsalted peanuts
1/2 cup unsalted almonds
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
Salt, to taste
Optional: 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Roast a little more than half of the nuts on a baking sheet until golden brown, and fragrant. Watch the oven closely!!  Do not take your eyes off of it. Nuts tend to burn (or even just roast too much) easily.
2. Place all nuts in a high-powered food processor, and blend on high. Continue blending, until mixture begins to clump together. Add oil, and keep blending. Once it all turns nut-buttery and smooth, add honey, and blend until extremely smooth. Add salt to taste.

Keep in the fridge in a glass jar.

To be enjoyed on toast, on apples, in frosting, or just on a spoon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com