Monday, July 29, 2013

My favorite city

Soon, I will be into all the exciting (and yes, a little scary too) new things, but until then, I have to say my goodbyes to the people and places I love. Today, is yet another last. 

This Saturday, my Mom and I hopped on a train to my favorite city, Prague, for one last time before I leave. We usually go here to fly to the States, renew passports, or to take SAT's, but this day was different. We wanted to just "be" for one day, to go to Prague and enjoy every bit of it. 


We played tourists in "our own city"! It was about time! I had never actually been on a tour, nor had I even seen many of the famous places in Prague. We loved hearing little tidbits, walking around the city, and also getting a break from the hot sun in our air-conditioned bus for an hour!


Would you believe this wall is not far from the Charles' Bridge, but I had never actually been to it before?! It's the John Lennon Wall. People add their own messages and graffiti, so the wall looks different any time someone visits. It's a unique part of Prague, and I'm glad I finally got to see it myself!


We were off to the last part of our tour-- the boat! We had a ways to walk, which I don't mind at all. But then the shade left. The temperatures kept rising that day, and got up to 95 degrees! Let's just say, this girl from the rainy valley was not very fresh towards the end of our walk.


On the boat we went, and a little breeze helped, though we both were still "recovering" for a while!


Thank you Mom for taking me to Prague one last time! That city will always be near and dear to my heart. I'm glad I got to experience it in a different way than before. I hope to continue to make memories here!

So long, Prague! Until we meet again!


*Thanks Mom for some of these photos!*

2 comments:

  1. There is just something about Prague...it draws one back time and time again to view its beauty! I have a very strong affinity for Prague as well, ever since visiting first in 1985 when it was still under Communist control. Looks like a great day you and your Mom had together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I loved seeing Prague with you one last time before you head to college. I'm sure we'll be back there again! But this was such a special day with you, enjoying it while you're still "mine" and living at home. I love you and I loved being with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com