Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lysa hora

It's been 11 years since I climbed Lysa hora. Yes, 11. This is the mountain that I look out on every day from my house, and yet, I waited so long before climbing it for the second time.

Truth be told, hiking really intimidates me. Somehow, I always think it's going to be really painful and just hard. I wonder why I would want to put myself in that pain! I forget that there's that element of beauty, accomplishment, and triumph involved. I forget that I can handle walking uphill for hours!

The hike was really beautiful, and we even found some wild blueberries along the way.




Over ridges, through the woods, up and down paths.


I have a list of things I want to do before I leave for the States, and hiking Lysa was on that list. I can now put a big "check!" on that one. Woohoo!


A few more blueberries to fuel us for the last stretch...


We made it to the top!


Thanks Dad for setting this day aside for us, for encouraging me along the way, and for being adventurous! I actually really enjoyed it in the end!



1 comment:

  1. If you had hiked Lysa Hora with me when I was there it would have only been 7 years since going to the top!

    Seriously though, I hike for the challenge, I like nature, to keep in shape and to clear the mind! It's a great lifetime habit that is free of charge...you just put on shoes and walk!

    I would have LOVED to have been on the hike today with you and your Dad. BTW, did your Mom go? Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com