Friday, June 14, 2013

Road trip: Switzerland

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." 
- Psalm 19:1


This verse absolutely describes Switzerland in every way. God's glory is 100% revealed there!

We rolled into the Swiss Alps just as the sun was setting, and arrived at our campground at night. Snuggled into our sleeping bags, we drifted off into sleep. Little did we know how much we would be pulling those sleeping bags closer to our chins that night, and even up over our heads. If you've ever been in the mountains, you know it can get pretty cold at night!

It did get pretty chilly, and we woke up many times that night shivering. By morning, we just laughed. We were in Switzerland, how can you be annoyed?! It's all part of the experience, and the memories are just funny now.

Switzerland took my breath away, in every way (yes, even on those cold nights-- literally).


Stunning panoramas, the sound of sheep bells, quaint chalets, meadows full of flowers, and cool, crisp air.

We spent one whole morning hiking, and surprisingly, I ended up enjoying it. I'm not much of a hiker, but those views are so worth the work!!


The snow had just melted, and the crocuses bloomed all over. There were even patches of snow still left, and I was pretty nervous about them. The snow obstructed the path multiple times, but I am actually happy it did! Dad led us down one particularly snowy hill... so we did a little shoe-skiing. I was definitely freaked out at first to slide on the snow, but it didn't take long before both Hayley and I were laughing so hard and running and sliding as fast as we could.

We sat on the brow of a hill overlooking the Eiger, and two other high peaks, and I just soaked it all in. 

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul." - Psalm 23:2


I think God meant this verse seriously, because this perfectly describes our day in Switzerland. Yes, we were breathing hard at times, and were tired, but there was something so refreshing about it all. God blessed me with His creation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com