Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maturita: DONE!

I am officially done with Czech high-school!!!

I don't think I will ever forget this day. Today I passed my Maturita exams!


It's hard to really even comprehend what this means. I've been studying and working towards this for months. Now it's over! Maturita is behind me! I don't even know if I've fully soaked in this truth yet. It seems surreal. It does feel so amazing though!

I left home this morning at 7:40, with knots in my stomach and thoughts running through my head a mile a minute. You know that feeling when you have too much information in your head that you can't focus at all? That's how I felt. Three of my friends were doing Maturita today too, so it was comforting seeing their faces once I  got to school, though they were just as nervous as me. Then at 8:00, it all started.


Four hours later, and four subjects later, I stood before my teachers and waited to hear my results along with my three classmates. Then I breathed a sigh of relief. I finished well.

Tyler and Lara (who just arrived yesterday) were waiting outside the classroom for me, and captured these moments. Every teacher shook my hand and congratulated me. And that was the end of Maturita.


These are just a few of the teachers that were here at school today, my principal and the government examiner. They were kind, calm and supportive all day!


Three more students were taking Maturita in the afternoon, including my buddy Magda! We got a normal picture too, but this one just makes me laugh, because that's my (American) English teacher in the background! He's actually a family friend of ours, and Magda babysits his son, so this is typical!


I am so thankful for all my teachers at BMA. Mrs. Barankova, my psychology teacher, was especially encouraging this past year. She taught me so much not only about the subject, but about what a good teacher looks like as well! She challenged me to think, to create, and to interact with the material. I enjoyed studying for Psychology the most!


Then, out the doors I went!

Freedom!!!!!

Claire Patty

We celebrated by going into the mall for dinner and a movie. I still feel a little uptight, but I'm slowly letting down. It'll take a few days to feel "normal" again!

I am incredibly happy that it's over though, and will continue to praise God for His faithfulness during this whole time, and really, for His faithfulness these past 13 years of Czech school. God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't leave a comment first time around! That was such a momentous day and we were so proud of you! And now it seems so long ago with SO much having happened in between. I'm glad we celebrated, soaked in the significance, and that you captured the moment in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com