Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lasts about Maturita

I promise, this is the last time I will mention Maturita. It's over, it's behind me. But I don't want to forget one thing about this: the studying.

Claire Patty

Studying in Hvar, at school, at Starbucks, on a hill, in my dad's office, at another coffee shop, at home, at McDonald's, and so many other places! I can't study in one place. I can't concentrate when I study in the same environment all the time.

Here are a few more random study tips that I need to file away for big exams. I hope some of them can be helpful to you some day too!

Schedule.
Make time for rest. (Turn "off" your brain for a bit every day)
Don't study at night...get some sleep! (If you tend to study better at night, try closing your curtains during the day, and turning on some lamps to simulate night...I actually did this once and it helped!)
Work hard all year.
Say things out loud.
Draw pictures. Use color.
Drink water.
Don't let your mind rabbit-trail on "what-ifs", don't freak yourself out.
Ask teachers for help.
Don't just stare at your notes - copy them, sing them, make up motions for them.

Here's the question I ended up pulling out of the hat for maturita. I was so thankful I picked out one that I had drawn! God planned that out!

It's weird to think that the next time I'll study, I will be at Moody Bible Institute. I'm really excited, and nervous all at the same time! I'm ready for it though!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your study aid/drawing! Although I don't know any Czech I do recognize Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs when I see it. Great job on preparing and congrats again on Graduating!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com