Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back to Baking: Banana Muffins

Since I have more time on my hands now, I am back to baking. Sure, I baked these past few weeks, but not as much as I would have liked to. But now! Oh, now I can bake as long as there are people who want to eat all the cookies, muffins and cakes!


Today I baked a tried-and-true recipe for banana muffins. They are the kind that are fluffy, but flavorful; they are sweet, but subtle. This is the recipe that I had been searching for! I also brought these to our class' "maturitak" (our last get-together before our official graduation ceremony next Friday). People were asking for the recipe, and that's the biggest compliment I could get.

 I adapted them a bit from brunchatsaks.blogspot.com. I hope you like them as much as we do!

Gluten-free Banana Muffins


1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (such as GF flour from Marks&Spencer's)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2-3/4 cup sugar*
1/2 cup oil (I use grapeseed)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use Orion "na vaření"), or chocolate chips
1 egg white, whipped to stiff peaks 

Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mash bananas in a separate bowl and add sugar, oil, and vanilla, whisk until well combined. Whip egg white in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Pour wet ingredients (the bowl with the bananas) into dry, and mix very gently. Do not over-mix! Fold in chocolate chips, and then very gently fold in egg whites. Pour batter into muffin pan (use muffin paper cups, or grease pan), and bake for approximately 25-30 muffins, or until tops are golden.

(*sometimes I do more, sometimes less... occasionally I use half agave or honey too. If you like sweeter things, you might want to use 1 cup of sugar.)

Claire Patty

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com