Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Food Take 3

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to share some delicious food that we had for Easter!

I've documented our Easter food for the past two years, because it always signifies the transition into more "springy" tastes. I like to remember what "Spring food" meant to us each year.

Israeli Turkey Burgers with Mint

I know this may sound strange, but it was really yummy. I will definitely make this again and again. It is a new favorite in this house. The recipe is from a cookbook (Jerusalem, A Cookbook), so I don't want to just put it out there, but I would like to recommend this book! It is full of Israeli recipes, both simple ones and others you have probably never heard of in your life. The recipes are good, but the photography and stories in the book are even better! When I read through it, I felt transported back to Jerusalem.

Hummus : recipe

Crispy Sweet Potato Fries : recipe

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs : recipe


Hummingbird and Vanilla Cake - my recipe was from a cookbook, but here is another one I found
(and cream cheese frosting!)


I originally planned to make a Hummingbird cake (=banana, pineapple, pecans), but the layers didn't rise very much when I baked them. I really wanted to make a tall layer cake, so I decided to mix up a batch of vanilla cake, and just make it unique. I'm actually glad I did, because there was perfect balance between the sweet Hummingbird layers and the light Vanilla layers... smothered decorated with cream cheese frosting.


I think this was the first complete layer cake I made!! Exciting. I had a lot of fun with it, and enjoyed the whole process. Though wow, I never realized how much frosting you have to use! Shhhh....don't tell anyone I said that. Just enjoy some tasty cake!

My Mom in her kitchen! She's a great cook, and I'm thankful to learn by her side!


1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post! It's beautiful! Thanks for capturing that - it's always fun to look back and remember what we enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com