Sunday, January 27, 2013

Celebrate today

Why?


Dad walked into the kitchen and saw me shaking sprinkles onto some delicious cupcakes smothered in buttercream frosting.

Dad:"What are those for??"
Me: "Mom." I smile.
Dad: "You're great."

Mom and Dad came home from the Marriage conference yesterday. Mom told me she had a taste for cupcakes (and frosting!), and asked if I could make some. Umm...yes!!! It doesn't take much to convince me to make cupcakes! Especially if I can make chocolate ones!

While I was frosting them, I was thinking about my mom. She has taught me one very important thing; one little question to ask in whatever I do: Why not? It's a simple question, and usually there are very simple answers too. When I can't decide if I should do something or not, she has always asked me this question. It gives me perspective. I realize often that my reasons for not doing something are silly, and that I should just go ahead and do it. Why not bake cupcakes on a snowy Sunday morning?? See, I can't really think of a good reason why not to. So here comes my mom's next best saying...

Might as well!!

Mom- these cupcakes are for you! And they're to celebrate today! Not for any reason in particular, but just because. Because today is a "why not" kind of day. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED THOSE!!!! That was the best treat yesterday. Thank you my sweet daughter. You definitely know how to make my day...pretty much, anything with frosting will do! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com