Sunday, December 16, 2012

Prayer night

"And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." 1 John 5:14-15

I am so thankful for my school. Yes, there are hard days. Many of them. But the community there makes up for all the difficulties.

BMA is more than just a school. We are a family. We are a Christian (I just almost made a typo...I typed Christmas instead of Christian...tells you what I'm thinking about!) school, but one that is open to everyone. Our principal is a Christian, and a few of our teachers are too, but since BMA is a fairly new school, not even all its staff are believers.

Thanks to this school, I have gotten to see God work in ways I could never have imagined!

This weekend was one of those "God moments". We had our first ever BMA prayer night. We wanted to pray for the whole school, for every student and teacher, and for the future of BMA. A group of students planned the night, and our Christian teachers came too. We weren't even sure if people would come, or if it would happen, but it did. People came. God provided!

It was so powerful seeing 20 or more students praying IN our school, FOR our school. Together. We united under Christ and asked God to move mightily in our school. I trust that He will answer those prayers!!



One of the best parts of the night were our guests. We invited two very special people to share about prayer. They are both BMA alumni, and brothers of two girls who were at the prayer night. First off... Terka's brother, who came with his friend to share about who God is! So good to hear from them.


And the second person? My brother! No, he hasn't flown in yet for the holidays. He is still in Chicago. But he was so sweet and agreed to Skype into our prayer night to share about powerful prayers and fighting in God's battle! Thank you Caleb for your encouraging words! It was comforting to have him "at BMA" again. And praise God for a good internet connection, so we could hear him! I definitely do not take that for granted.



Since the program was until 12 midnight, our principal let us stay the night at the school. Hard floors and sleeping bags aren't my favorite, but Jesus' presence, and sweet dreams made for a surprisingly restful night's sleep!


A little breakfast in the morning, and last time together...



I can't thank God enough for these people, and for how he uses even students to fulfill his plans.

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." - 2 Timothy 4:12

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com