Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas morning

Caleb comes joyfully into my room at 7:30 and whispers that it's Christmas morning. I snap a photo of my window, trying to capture for a moment the simple, wonderful feeling of starting this day. We tiptoe downstairs to find my younger cousins, eagerly awaiting the opening of stockings. We wait for all the Patty kids to come down before exclaiming over chocolates, wire whisks, socks, pocket knives, and various other things found in our stockings from "Santa". She He was especially creative this year. 


This is how my Christmas morning started. It's like this most years, except usually we don't have the privilege of our Patty family from Slovenia visiting us. They just added to the fun with their bubbly laughter, good stories and cinnamon roll making skills (that would be you, Auntie Kristi!).

The morning continued with the same magic, as we read the Christmas story, talked about Jesus, ate a delicious breakfast and leisurely opened thoughtful gifts. It was these little things that made me happiest. We didn't go anywhere. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Just being together and celebrating Jesus' birth was the best way to spend Christmas.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com