Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving festivities

One of the best parts of having Thanksgiving with our JV family, is that everyone brings something to add to the table. The table of food, that is. It's so nice to not have a stressful day trying to get a turkey made, baking and cooking up a storm, and getting the kitchen all messy. Well, we actually did get the kitchen messy, but not as much as we would if we were making the whole meal!

Anyway...

This year, I made a gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin pie, and bacon-wrapped stuffed dates. Both things were really easy, and tasted amazing. If you're not sick of food after Thanksgiving, I'd definitely recommend trying these recipes in the near future! Maybe keep them in stock for your Christmas celebrations?


And a couple more pictures to capture the happy day...

Imported. :)

So sad that this is my last JV Thanksgiving for a while, but I am so blessed to have been apart of this holiday with them for the last 18 years of my life! What a privilege. Thanking God for family, food, and fellowship.

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I think the best Thanksgivings are overseas with friends...even though you miss home, those people are your home and getting to spend the day with them makes being thankful a natural feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com