Monday, September 24, 2012

I feel so grown up

Here in Czech you can't even start driving school until a couple months before your 18th birthday. Yes, it's very different than in the States!

My 18th birthday is in two weeks (crazy.), and I have my first official driving lessons (mainly just theory classes right now) this Thursday. But I wanted to have a test run of being behind the wheel before I got in the car with an instructor. I wouldn't want to freak out with someone I hardly know!

Dad took me out driving* for the first time the other day. I was still a little sick (have had quite the cough for the past few weeks!), but he leaves this weekend for a conference, and it was beautiful outside, so no way was I going to miss out on driving lessons from him! He taught me how to use the clutch, shift, and all the basics.


It went pretty well! I enjoyed it. Hehe...it felt good to drive... even just to be able to drive around in circles in a little parking lot was fun. At least I have a little experience-- hopefully driver's ed won't be scary now!


*I have to give credit to Uncle Mike- he is the one who took me out driving for the very first time...but that was automatic, and I really didn't do anything except drive straight and turn!

1 comment:

  1. I know you will be a good driver but just remember one little rule...don't text while driving! Have fun in your driving classes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com