Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rest

Last week the long awaited Spring Break arrived.

With the end of the first semester of BMA being in January, I had a busy month, and was ready for the break! We've also had some of the coldest weather ever, and a bad inversion in this region of Czech. For our health, among other reasons, we took a short trip down to our beloved Hvar.



Even Kaylee got to come! It just wouldn't be right without her.
Hvar is an island off of Croatia. It 's special to us because we have been going there for a few years with the Ellenwood's and Hashes. With Caleb leaving, and our schedules this year, we won't get to go to Hvar this summer. *sad face* But, by going there this time, we did discover that it is just as restful in the Winter as it is in the Summer.

And most importantly, I got some much needed TLC from the sun (though it was windy and sometimes cold!), and time with my family. We won't have many more trips together before Caleb leaves for college. I'm soaking up these last months with him around.


I'm so thankful to God for how He cares about us even in the little details- even in us going to Croatia. It's really only thanks to Him that it all worked out for us to go down there. And I'm learning more and more the truths of these words:
Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

It's a good reminder to me to know that in the end, complete Rest only comes from our Father in Heaven. I pray that I will continue to live in that every day, even with school and busy days ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about spending time with caleb before he leafs we are doing the same with nicolas

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com