Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sad night

I can't even bear to relive last night to you all, but for the sake of remembering and honoring her, I knew I needed to write something.

Our dear sweet 7-year-old dog, Lily, passed away last night at 10:50, lying in Caleb's arms. It was always her favorite position to be in, and we're so glad that she could relive that one last time.
This absolutely captures who she is to all of us. Taken this winter.

She had been having some health problems for months now, but we never could figure out exactly what was happening. Finally, when we came back from the States, she took a turn for the worse. We took her to the vet and sat with her while she got blood tested, had an ultrasound, and had an IV for 3 hours. The vet put her on some antibiotic and did all he could. But dear Lily knew it was her time. And she waited until the whole family was together before she finally let go. It was a window of 48 hours that we were together as the 5 of us, but the Lord was good to us, and kept her with us long enough.


I can't even express with words how devastated and sad we are. Lily was all and more than we could ever hope for in a dog. She always comforted, always greeted, always stuck close by, went everywhere with us, and loved our family right up to the end. I'm going to miss everything about her.

Lily, thank you for hanging on for us all. You were so brave. We miss you. Lord, please take care of her. I don't know from your Word if she is with you or not, but I pray that she is. I know she is loved by her Creator. You, Father, took just as much joy in her as we did.

I know that this is not how God intended life to be...pain, suffering, death. But God has bigger  and better plans for us in the end, and that's all that can really, truly comfort me right now. I'm thankful for Him.

“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”

If you would like to hear more of the story or see more pictures, my Mom wrote it very well on her blog. Click here to read. 

Taken in June 2008. One of my favorite pictures with her.
Always a part of our family...then, and forever. 

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort." 

4 comments:

  1. That was the most honoring and loving post you've ever written...you perfectly captured you heart and love for our sweet Lily. And I love the last comment on our family picture...a part of our family then and forever. We will never ever forget her and what joy, love and delight she brought to us. I'm glad you loved her so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. claire i am sooo sorry! i got teary eyed reading this i am just imagining how you felt writting it! i will pray for all of you that you will get used to life without her. i am so sorry! love kiley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time i read this post i cant help cry
    Lily will be missed i remember all the good times I love lilly it won't be the same
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous Thank you Grace. We love Kaylee so much, be she is still very different from Lily! Lily will always be in her own little category and she'll hold a special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com