As most of you know, I'm lactose-intolerant. That means no ice cream for me! *Sad face*. I had to figure out something that would satisfy that craving on hot sunny days. Here's a simple, delicious, healthy alternative to ice cream (and it's dairy-free too!). Let's give a round of applause for...
Banana strawberry soft-serve ice cream
Frozen banana slices
Sweetener of your choice (optional)
1. Slice up as many bananas you would like into about 1-inch rounds and freeze them in a plastic bag.
2. Place all ingredient in your high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. For firmer ice cream, put in freezer for 30 minutes or more, stirring the ice cream half way through (or every 15 minutes).
4. Serve and enjoy!
- I piped mine with a pastry bag to make it look the way it does in the picture.
- Add whatever fruit you would like for different flavorings: raspberries, blueberries, cantaloupe...
- You could even add chocolate chips or cocoa powder for a change!
- This would be really good with a dollop of whipped cream if that makes you excited. :)
- Have fun experimenting with this! The possibilities are endless.