Monday, May 16, 2011

JV Spring Conference 2011

I don't have any pictures to share from JV confernce, but I do have one little thought to share.
Picture courtesy of http://www.leonclift.com/. 
The theme for the adults at this year's annual JV conference was "Faith That Amazes". The program for the kids was preparing for a choir/variety show that we would perform on Sunday for the parents (adults). I never expected that the adults' theme would actually play out in the kids program too, but it did. And it amazed me.

Korban and Tanya came from Indiana to lead the kid's program this year. We hardly knew them before Conference, but I felt so loved by them this week. They didn't just come to teach songs, but to serve. They sure did serve me. They exhibited faith in a way that I would never have imagined.

They taught me that whatever I do, I can do it for the Lord; do it to His glory.

Simple, I know. But it's more than just words. It's my life.

As I go back to a normal schedule this week, I don't want to forget this simple truth that I learned from Korban and Tanya's example. God is above everything. He is in everything. And I am not alone. His plans are perfect, and He leads me each step of the way. Remind us again Lord, that You are in control.


"So do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10 

1 comment:

  1. What a precious blog post Claire! I thank God for bringing them to conference for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com