Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some of my favorite Bible verses

I started doing my devotions daily at the beginning of this fall, and have been loving it! I will share some verses that really like and what I have learned from them. (The translation of Bible: NLT)

1 Peter 1:3
"All honor to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by his boundless mercy that God has given us the privilege of being born again." - God is so merciful! I am so blessed to be his child.

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

"16Always be joyful. 17 Keep on praying. 18No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." -These are great things that I need to live out. I should be always joyful, always praying, and always thankful. Aren't those great things to be?!

Ephesians 3:12
"Because of Christ and our faith in
him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome." - It's great to know that I don't have to be afraid that God will reject me...he will always welcome me with great joy! It's awesome!

Isaiah 58: 11

"The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too." - I can go to God for replenishment and he will fill me up.


Psalm 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." - God is my refuge, my place to go in times of trouble.


God has taught me a lot through his Word. I am so happy that I have the Bible as my guide in life!

4 comments:

  1. It's so awesome you are making this a priority in your life, Claire! God is going to bless you for making Him first. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those verses, especially the one from 1st Thessalonians! And I love the comments you made about the verses...you are gaining such good insight into God's Word. I am proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you have done that! And I love all the bible verses! It seems like God has really been teaching you a lot! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What good verses for me to read tonight. Thanks for taking the time to put them on your blog.

    Queen Blue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day! If you want to ask me any question, or need to contact me, write me at: claire.patty@gmail.com